BUILT FOR EXPLORATION – EXPEDITION BASE CAMP IS A NEW DIGITAL PLATFORM FOR EXPEDITION PLANNING, PROMOTION AND PARTICIPATION.
Expeditions are fantastic platforms for a whole host of positive contributions to global society: expanding our knowledge and understanding of the world we live in, strengthening ties between cultures, developing the skills and characters of the people involved, and inspiring others who have shared the journey.
There are some excellent tools and resources available that help with planning, and through this project we hope to make them easier to find and access. But foremost among the aids available to expedition teams is the support and guidance of experienced experts, and the larger goal of this project is to make it easier for this generation to learn from and build on the work of those who have gone before them.
PLANNING: Help expedition teams plan the most impactful expedition possible, by:
- writing articles with advice and sharing case studies
- pooling existing and creating new resources
- developing a thriving forum section
- creating a mentor system to share knowledge and experience.
PROMOTION: Make it much easier for expedition teams to promote their expedition before, during, and long after the event, by:
- publishing a write up of your expedition with maps, photographs, videos and results, with links to your own expedition website if you have one. In this way people will continue to discover your expedition long after you’ve wrapped it up and begun planning your next one.
- allowing expedition teams to use Expedition Base Camp as their main platform, with a dedicated URL and great templates and support for blogging about and promoting their expedition.
PARTICIAPTION: Help individuals, teams, partners and sponsors connect and collaborate, by:
- connecting potential team mates with expeditions and expeditions with potential partners or sponsors, through forums, newsletters, and other tools to facilitate knowledge sharing, networking and collaboration.
AND HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED
SIGN UP, LIKE, FOLLOW, SHARE
The bigger our audience the bigger our impact. If you think this is a good idea and want to help make it a success, the first thing to do is like our Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter, sign up to our newsletter, and then share and engage with our updates so that other people see them. We want to build a community – you are that community, so take those first steps now for an easy bit of good karma.
ADD YOUR EXPEDITION
Having your expedition on the site doesn’t just help you increase your impact by reaching more people, it also helps others who are planning their own expedition. To add your expedition to the site, get your best photos ready and visit the submission page. If you want to use the site to blog about your expedition too, there’s a option on the form to let us know.
BECOME A MENTOR
This one is a work in progress, but we’ll be looking for experts and anyone with a good amount of experience in the world of expeditions to mentor young expedition teams throughout their expedition. If you think you fit the bill and would like to help, use the form below to get in touch.
From fundraising to working with local partners, expedition medicine to remote communications, expeditions are a complex business. You can help others by sharing your knowledge, stories, and experiences in the form of articles and resource pages. It might even be good promotion for you too.
JOIN THE TEAM
Are you good with websites? GIS? Databases? Social media and digital marketing? Fundraising? Networking? Event management? Forum management? Just good at getting things done?
If you like the idea of this project and you think you can help, please get in touch with the form below!